"As for New York City, it is a place apart. There is not its match in any other country in the world." – Pearl S. Buck
“If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.” – Frank Sinatra / John Kander
“The best book fair in the world.” – Andy Rooney
“It is exciting in a way you probably don't expect when you just hear the word ‘Book Fair’. Well, to me it is just as exciting as sitting in the dark of the theatre and watch a horror film! This experience is not horror. But it's just as exciting!” - Yoko Ono
The New York Antiquarian Book Fair returns to the Park Avenue Armory for its 53rd Anniversary. Presented by the prestigious Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association of America and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers, the 53rd Annual New York Antiquarian Book Fair is without a doubt, the foremost book fair of its kind.
Book lovers will find a fascinating treasure trove at the Park Avenue Armory. Over 200 expert dealers from all over the world will fill the historic site with rare books, illuminated manuscripts, autographs, maps, and finely bound volumes. Rare and beautiful books, first, inscribed, illustrated editions - ranging from history, law, philosophy to children’s books, fashion and art, and more can be found. With over 200 participants offering a superb selection from the high end of the international antiquarian book trade this year’s show features a record number of dealers. Be sure: There will be something exciting for everyone.
- Original flyer announcing Bob Dylan's debut in New York (Locus Solus Rare Books)
- A beautifully illuminated manuscript created for Emperor Charles V in c. 1516-17 (Dr. Jörn Günther)
- Used in the trenches: the miniature Qur'an worn by Muslim soldiers in the First World War (Simon Beattie)
- Richly decorated 17th century manuscript dictionary of legal precedents (The Lawbook Exchange)
- Cosway style binding (Paul Foster Books)
- Unique Binding by Samuel Feinstein. Caliban Press (Priscilla Juvelis)
53rd Annual New York Antiquarian Book Fair
April 11 - 14, 2013
VIP Preview: Thursday 5 – 9 pm
Opening hours: Friday noon – 8 pm, Saturday noon – 7 pm, Sunday noon – 5 pm
On Sunday, April 14 from noon to three, attendees can bring items to Discovery Day, an opportunity to get expert advice and informal appraisals.
Tickets are available online in advance at http://nybookfair.eventbrite.com/
>>> Click here to see more highlights and join the 53rd Annual New York Antiquarian Book Fair on Facebook